Brow How-To



How Now Brown.....Brows??

Wait...that's not how the saying goes...

Anyways....

Remember how I did that post on how to look polished without the...polish!? 
Well, In case you haven't read it...Click HERE

I spoke about how cleaning up your eyebrows can do a world of difference for your face. Clean and Polished eyebrows let the world know that you CARE and that you are put-together (On the outside at least)! I'm not saying you have to have perfectly coiffed brows every day... Just not a uni-brow or caterpillars on your face....that doesn't look good on anyone! 

I know eyebrows aren't the easiest thing in the world, so I decided to make a video tutorial to show you how to know where your brows should START, ARCH, and END! 
I also show you how I shape, fill, and clean up my brows with a brow pencil and brow powder!



Cleaning up your brows can literally change your whole face - for the better!!
See what I mean!??

Even if you don't want to fill in your brows or use any brow products, just plucking them and cleaning them up into a nice natural shape can help TREMENDOUSLY!
Not everyone needs brow fillers or pencils, so do what you are comfortable with! 
It literally took my brow hair falling out after I had my son for me to finally pay attention to how important they are to your face! I never thought I needed to shape them or fill them until I noticed how sparse they were getting in some areas - Not a good look on me.

So, even if you are against all makeup and loathe brow pencils and powders (but.....you are reading a makeup blog...in case you didn't know)... At least after watching my short tutorial you will know what areas to clean up to help you look more polished!


Watch this for all the details on how to do your brows!


*Note: not everyone has an "arch" in their brows, so if you don't have a natural arch, just ignore that part! Everyone has a different eyebrow shape, so don't think you HAVE to have a big arch. 

Here is a chart showing you some different brow shapes and how they look in real life. 


It has taken me 29 years to finally figure out my brows...they really are tricky!
But, if you follow the simple tips in my video, that should help steer you easily through the stormy brow waters!



Here's a quick cliffnotes version of how to find your natural shape:






Here are the items I use DAILY to do my brows:


Bodyography Dual Ended Brow Brush


*Smashbox Full Exposure Eyeshadow Palette
*You can use your regular face powder for the "clean up" step, but I like the matte and shimmer powder in this palette for clean up and highlighting. This palette has so many neutral matte and shimmer tones that will suit every skin tone. You could definitely use this palette as brow powders too! Perfect for eyes and brows!

They also have a MINI palette too!! Perfect for an eyes & brow compact or travel! - Here







Other Brow Tips:

As you have seen in my video, I suggest using a brow powder DUO. Most brow powders come with at least 2 shades. It's nice to have the lighter color to start your brows, then use the darker color to shade and define the arch and end of your brows. It's not necessary to have 2 colors, but I like the customization and "contour" option.

I swear by the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder because it stays PUT!! I know it seems rather expensive at $23, but I have had this compact for a year and a half (with daily use) and I haven't even made a DENT! 

If you would just like to start out small in the brow world before jumping in, I suggest these other brow powders.



If you have slightly unruly brows that like to flap in the breeze...I would suggest using a brow gel or wax after you have filled them in. Think of it as a mascara for your brows!
They have clear brow gel to seal them in place, or tinted brow gel if you need a bit more thickness and stamina. (Brow options are endless!!)
  If you go for the clear gel, it can also double as a clear mascara AND hair flyaway zapper!

Here are some Brow Gels I recommend:




As I said before...Brow options are literally ENDLESS!!

But what kind of Manic Makeup Girl would I be if I didn't try to cover most of the brow bases!??

If you are looking for a way to combine the sharpness of a brow pencil and staying power of a brow powder, you should definitely look into using a Brow Pomade.
It is literally like a little pot of brow powder/gel/wax that you apply with a brush. 
I have used this method before in a pinch, but it actually kind of made my brows thicker...So if you are on the thinner side of the brow spectrum, this is definitely something you might like to try!

Brow Pomades I recommend: 




You all have seen and heard how I LOOOOVE my Maybelline Define-A-Brow Eyebrow Pencil (Check my favorites video - HERE).
I just love that it is sooooo tiny so you can shape and fill your brows without them looking "Clownish". PLUS....it's SO affordable! It's under $6 ($4 at Walmart!) and I am still using the 1st one I bought back in March!! So you know it lasts for a while!
Other regular brow pencils are hard to use, and hard on your brows! I hate using the stick pencil kind because they HURT! That's why I love this pencil because it is soft, and easy on my skin and blends flawlessly. No tugging or pulling!

Here are some other Brow Pencils I Recommend:




Side Note: You might have noticed that I have mentioned Anastasia Beverly Hills products in every section......and that is because they are the HOLY GRAIL of eyebrow products!
Seriously....If you want the best of the best for your brows, always go for Anastasia Beverly Hills brow products. 
There is a cult following for their brow items and with good reason!

Here are a few AMAZING Brow Sets from Anastasia Beverly Hills if you want to jump into the brow pool and have all your bases covered:

ABH Beauty Express Portable Brow Kit - $39.50 (Super Deal)
This set comes with the Brow Powder Duo, 2 highlighting powders, brow wax (to hold the hairs in place - like a gel), and 5 eyebrow shape stencils. Talk about an AWESOME set! This is perfect if you want some help with eyebrow shapes! The stencils will help guide you to your perfect shape!


ABH Bold Brow Kit - $36
This set is also an amazing brow deal! You get the Brow Powder Duo, a clear brow gel, AND the double ended Brow Brush! All you need for perfect Brows!!!


If you are looking for a more affordable, but nice brow set, check this one out:

Ulta Eye and Brow Shaping Kit - $10


________________________________


I hope this little brow tutorial helped make your brows seem a bit less scary (And hairy)!!!!

Now you will be able to give the world a polished Brow-ZING look!!!
Don't let brows beat you!! 
No "Brow Beating" allowed here!
<Last Brow Pun I Promise>
 
 Just follow my simple tips and tricks and you will be rocking those brows with pride!!


Thank you all for reading and watching!!

Make sure you are following me on my Social Media Pages because I post makeup funnies, deals, and tips multiple times a day!!


Follow Me on Social Media:
https://loebig.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/facebook1.png  www.instagram.com/manicmakeupgirl  www.twitter.com/manicmakeupgrl  www.pinterest.com/manicmakeupgirl  www.youtube.com/user/lyndee0324  https://loebig.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/rss.png


I love you ALL BUNCHES!!!! XoXo



Comments

Popular Posts