Sub Love #2

Hello my beautiful friends!!!

I have had a whole month to try out all the products from my April BoxyCharm Subscription box!

Manic Makeup Girl is here to show you the awesomeness that IS BoxyCharm and review all the amazing items I got last month!

If you missed my 1st Box Review --- Click HERE ---



APRIL BOXYCHARM BOX

At first glance...The item that REALLY caught my eye was that Coastal Scents Revealed 2 eyeshadow palette peeking out from the back.

AN EYESHADOW PALETTE!???

Did I really just get an eyeshadow pallet in this box!?

Why YES. Yes I did!
<Insert Happy Dance HERE>




Here are the items I got in my box:




If you did the makeup math.....this box is worth $136.90!!!!!!!!

Did you read that!??

$136.90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



YES!!! And remember... this Subscription box is only $21 a month!!! How is that not incredible savings AND value!?

And everything but the perfume rollerball is FULL SIZE!
And the perfume is still a very generous mini sized item!

WOW.


Here are my reviews of the items in my box:


Model Co Light Reflective Lip Gloss in Marshmallow - $16

When I first saw this color, I wasn't overly excited about it because it is a very pale baby pink lip gloss.
I was like...wow...that's really going to wash me out because it is so fair!

BUT...When I tried it on I realized it is a very, very sheer pink gloss. It can be worn alone for a natural, shiny look, or over a brighter color for a little added shine and sheer wash of color. 


I was very pleasantly surprised at the smell of it too! It smells fruity but it's very light and doesn't bother me (I hate smelly lip products, I usually prefer no scent). 
This gloss is a bit on the sticky side, but not unbearable. It didn't feel MORE sticky than other lip glosses that I have, so that was good too!
It has nice staying power and left my lips feeling moisturized after it wore off.
This lip gloss also has a little mirror attached to it! How cool is that!? Perfect for applying it on the go!

I would definitely repurchase this lip gloss or purchase other colors!






Ofra Illuminating Blush Stripes - $35
Ok guys...you all know I LOVE a good highlighter!
When BoxyCharm did a little preview of what you might get in your April box on their Instagram Page... they had this Illuminating Blush Strip Compact and another loose powder Blush.
I secretly prayed I would get the blush strips because...well...LOOK AT IT!!?
It's so gorgeous!!!
So when I opened my box I had all my fingers and toes crossed that this little beauty would be in there...AND IT WAS!
Look at all those gorgeous highlight colors!
I love love LOVE the fact that there are 4 different highlight colors in 1 compact (P.S.- this compact has a secret compartment on the bottom that opens and has a big mirror!).

Here is a side by side swatch of the gorgeous colors next to the compact.
I could DIE.

Dead.

RIP.

Seriously I love those colors and that they are so highly pigmented! You get a Pale Pink, White, Coral Pink, and Copper color in this compact. GORGEOUS!
This is seriously my absolute fave highlighting product right now!
Sometimes I use one color out of it (Loving the pale pink shimmer a lot) and sometimes I swirl the whole compact!

I would totally buy this product again! Definitely one of my favorite items in this box and in my makeup collection so far! Remember I received a navy blue eyeliner that I loved in my last month's box, so Ofra cosmetics is on a roll with me!




Harvey Prince Roller Perfume Mini in Signature - $21
I am always down to get perfume samples!
And when it's a rollerball....I get even more excited!
How cute is this little roller perfume!?
Well...it's not little...even though it is considered the "sample sized" item in this months box, it really is a good sized item!
This perfume smells....DIVINE!
It smells slightly fruity and fresh, but has mostly floral tones.
Think citrus meets vanilla meets jasmine.
I normally don't go for floral scents because they bother my nose, but this one just smells amazing!
The scent lasts and lasts on me too!
Usually I spray or roll my perfume on and 30 minutes later I can't smell it any more.
With this scent, I smelled it for hours!
I was constantly sniffing my wrists because it just stayed forever!

That's definitely a PLUS in my perfume book!

I had never heard of Harvey Prince scents before this box, but now I am very intrigued and will definitely explore their other items.

I looked on their website to see what other items they carry and was excited to find that they have men's cologne, numerous other women's fragrances, hair products, bath products and gift sets!
They also have samples available if you would like to try them before you buy a full size! How cool!!

Get 3 of their most popular scents delivered to you for $2 HERE

Or get deluxe sized samples of their shampoo, conditioner and 3 scents delivered for only $3 HERE!

Totally loving this new-to-me brand! I will definitely be purchasing more items from them! I would love to try their hair products!


*****I have a new development since I received this item!

I am partnering with Harvey Prince to bring you all a GIVEAWAY!!!!!!!!

Yes, it's true! Manic Makeup Girl's 1st Giveaway!!! 

Check back next Wednesday, May 20th for all the details on how you could WIN a Mini Roller too!!! Remember, it's a $21 Value!!!!! 
How is that for AWESOME!??

There is also a super amazing SURPRISE with this giveaway too! You don't want to miss it!!!

In the mean time, check out www.HarveyPrince.com for all their divine fragrances!!*****





CoolWay Smoothing Hair Lotion - $24.95
I had never heard of this hair product brand until it showed up in my April box.
I was excited to try it since my hair is on the wavy side and when the humidity hits it...It's flyaway city!!!!
This product has a nice, light scent and has a hair gel consistency. 
I applied it on my damp hair (Concentrated on the bottom ends) and then blew it dry.
It felt light on my hair and didn't weigh it down at all. 

It does help smooth down some of my frizzies and it made my hair a bit more shiny which was a pleasant surprise! I felt like I didn't have to straighten my hair as much after using this, so that's a major plus!
I think it definitely does help combat the humidity and smooth my hair out. It also protects against heat damage and I need all of THAT I can get!
I don't reallllllllly feel like it is worth $24.95 though because it is only a 2oz bottle and I use about 8 pumps for each application (Since I have long hair). 
It does work....but I have some other, cheaper hair smoothing lotions that work just as well. 
Overall, a great addition to my box and a nice new brand to check out. I don't think I would repurchase it simply based on the price. 







Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Eyeshadow Palette - $39.95
 
Ok guys.....
I saved the best for last!

How FREAKING awesome is it that I got a huge eyeshadow palette in my box!???

I mean come on.....This palette ALONE is worth more than what you pay for the whole box!!!!

This is actually the first Coastal Scents product that I have tried. I had heard about their eyeshadow palettes and how good they were but for some reason I just kept forgetting to try one!

I was SO excited to try this palette out because....LOOK AT IT!!??

20 different and beautiful shades!
Mattes and shimmers galore!

Here are some swatches from my palette for you!
These swatches were done with just one quick and light swipe of a finger, so the color payoff is GREAT!
I was so happy to find that these shadows were very highly pigmented and high quality.

Here are the same swatches in different lighting. 

This palette reminds me A LOT of the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette...And that palette gives you HALF the colors and it's $54!!!!!
If you are new to the makeup game, or have a tween that wants the Naked Palettes but you don't want to spend an arm and a leg....GET THIS PALETTE!!!!!
Even if you are an adult like me and just love makeup...GET IT!!!!!!

The quality isn't exactly as high as the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, but it is SO very close!!!
I don't get a lot of fallout with these shadows and they go on so nice and smooth. 
I am finding myself reaching for this palette pretty much every day because of the color choices and quality. 

I am definitely going to buy some more Coastal Scents items just because I love this palette so much! I can't wait to try more!

P.S. - This palette is on SALE for only $19.95 HERE.





______________________________________


This box was simply AMAZING this month!

Seriously...Almost $137 worth of beauty items for only $21 a month!?? SUCH an incredible value! It's so fun to get new items in the mail every month! 
(THANK YOU BEST FRIEND!)

If you are interested in getting a BoxyCharm Subscription Box, sign up HERE!



Here is a look I did with all of my new BoxyCharm April Box items!

Can you see that gorgeous highlight from the Ofra Illuminating Blush Strips!?? And that AMAZING Marsala red eyeshadow from my Coastal Scents Palette!??
I. DIE.

Love it ALL!!!

So wearable....So Versitle...So perfect!

If I had to pick my 2 favorites from this box...they would definitely be The Ofra Illuminating Blush Stripes and the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette. Constantly grabbing those 2 items since they came in my box! However, I did stick the Harvey Prince roller perfume and Model Co Lip Gloss in my bag to keep with me everywhere I go! I had to take that lip gloss because...HELLO it has a cute little mirror already ON IT! 

LOVE!

_____________________________


What do you think of this months box!?
I would love to hear your thoughts!

Follow Me on Social Media:
Facebook / Instagram / BoxyCharm
Pinterest

Thanks for Reading!

I love you ALL!



Comments

Popular Posts